*This is an example of a starter/early career CV.
Leah Jane Franks
Flat 12, Juniper Gardens,
Mob: 07774466661 | Email: email@example.com | Date of Birth: 2nd June 1985
– Academic background.
– Strong work ethic.
– Keen sportswoman
– Social/team worker: I enjoy working within team environments, modelling myself upon and learning from others.
Degree: (2005) 2.1 in Sports Science Bsc at Portsmouth University
A-Level (2003): English (C), PE (A), Biology (B).
AS-Level (2002): Psychology (C)
GCSE (2001): Geography (C), RS (B), Science double award (BB), Maths (B), English Literature (A), English Language (B), PE (A*)
*The above grades were achieved at Richmond High.
– Qualified ski instructor
– Captain of the Lacrosse and Netball teams at Richmond High School
– Volunteer work in Africa, teaching disadvantaged children an array of sports
– I completed the London marathon in 2008
African Sports Travel (07/07 – 07/09)
I have worked for African Sports Travel for the last two years. My time has been split between working in the London office and physically working with children in South Africa as a volunteer.
– Meeting with gap year students to organise sports based travel packages
– General admin work, (booking flights, hotels etc)
-Attending gap year fares to promote the company’s work
– Overseeing volunteer groups in Africa to train with disadvantaged children. (Sports include lacrosse, football and netball)
Ski Instructor (10/05-04/06)
After my degree I worked as a ski instructor in Courcheval, France teaching intermediate groups of 10 at a time.
Jackson and sons 05/06-06/07
I worked at Jackson and sons sports shop as a shop assistant advising customers on the appropriate sports accessories for them. I often stayed after hours to complete admin work and customer research. I was also given the responsibility of sourcing new sports equipment that came on the market.
I am an extremely active person who loves to be challenged and tested. My sporting abilities have encouraged me to help those less advantaged than I have been and I have therefore spent my recent time working abroad for sports based charities. I am a sociable person and particularly natural at working with children as I am patient and authorative.
Name: David Jones
Organization (Role): Director of African Sports Travel
Name: Jane Briggs
Organization (Role): Head of PE at Richmond High
Contact: 01777 484222