I am a Registered Nurse with 13yrs clinical experience in Surgical, Medical; Community and Sexual health and Contraception.
I worked as an agency in both medical and surgical wards. I took care of all patients in my care; took responsible for the assessment of care needs, development, delivery and implementation of programmes of care for an assigned patient group, using a validated model of nursing and to evaluate programmes of care.
•To implement appropriate practices in line with the policies of this hospital, to provide skilled nursing care to meet the identified needs of patients and their relatives, taking into account their religious and cultural needs.
•To work to the agreed standards of care as per Ealing Hospital NHS Trust ward based nursing standards.
•To establish effective communication with medical Colleagues and all health care professionals to ensure appropriate nursing input to patient care discussions in order to ensure safe practice.
•To maintain a safe environment for staff, patients and visitors.
•To ensure documentation is relevant, appropriate, accurate and concise and are signed legibly and dated.
My responsibilities were:
-To promote the health and well-being of women living with HIV.
To co-ordinate and develop high quality services for women living with HIV which address the specific issues that women face, using an holistic approach: integrating HIV, sexual, reproductive and maternal health, mental health, gender based violence (GBV) .
To develop women's involvement to influence approaches to care, screening and self-management, working collaboratively with health and social care providers.
- Assess individuals and population needs which affect their health and social well-being, and reporting back to the district nurse case load holder as appropriate.
- Plan, implement, monitor and review programmes of health interventions for individuals and population, which are to be delivered with other colleagues and agencies. Liaise closely with the district nurse to discuss changes in nursing care. e.g. medication reviews, care plans.
-Assess risk that may affect patients or care providers.
-Work collaboratively with General Practice Colleagues and other Primary Health Care Team members at all times.
-Promote people's equality, diversity and rights.
-Enable people to manage disability, loss and change.
-Contribute to the protection of individuals from abuse.
-Work within relevant legislation, for example, Health and safety, NMC code of professional conduct.
-Work within all relevant policies and procedural guidelines.
-Undertake a variety of technical nursing treatments for a range of patients with different health needs. i.e. complex wound management skills, stoma care
-Enable/encourage patients and carers to develop their knowledge and understanding of their own health and well being enabling self management of condition wherever possible.
.-To work as a member of the contraception and sexual health team across all clinical services within the department as required.
- To undertake an accurate contraception and sexual history including relevant medical, obstetric, gynaecological, contraceptive history, family and social history for clients attending contraception, sexual health, abortion and young people's services
- To undertake assessment, screening and examination of clients requiring STI tests including Chlamydia, Gonorrhoea, Syphilis and HIV, and the management of results, and where appropriate, treatment in line with PGDs or as a nurse prescriber.
- To inform, advice, teach and counsel clients and partners regarding all methods of contraception, pre and post termination counselling, and advice on management of sexual and reproductive health.
- To ensure the delivery of high quality specialist clinical service, to all clients accessing the service and be an effective role model for staff. 6. To manage a caseload and be responsible for planning and managing own work , referring to a senior clinician where appropriate 7. To provide clinical support and day to day supervision of junior colleagues.
-Ensure maintenance of specialist skills which include, cervical smear taking, taking of appropriate vaginal screening swabs, demonstrating sensitivity when examining patients and recognise physiological changes, cryotherapy, venepuncture, vaccination for Hepatitis A & B, microscopy, IUCD/IUS (coil) checks and removals, providing hormonal contraception in line with the Trust Patient Group Directions (PGD) or as a nurse prescriber.
- To provide information and health education to clients regarding healthy lifestyles and refer to relevant agencies as appropriate.
-Implement and practice within departmental, Trust and national guidelines and policies
-Maintaining a safe environment around infection control for both staff and clients. Proposing changes at departmental level where appropriate.
- To adhere to child protection policies and initiate appropriate action as and when required offering specialist advice and guidance to colleagues and bank staff.
- To adhere to Governmental, Trust and Departmental guidelines relating to working with the under sixteen's.
- To oversee junior staff in maintaining clinic equipment, ordering pharmacy supplies, leaflets and stationery and in ensuring appropriate rotation of stock, and stock levels.
Project 2000 Nursing.
Had work placements in different care setting including:
Surgical; Medical; Maternity; Accident & Emergency; Theatre; Disability; Community; Mental Health and Paediatric Nursing but specialised in Adult nursing.
The aim of the course was to:
-To produce graduates who will have coherent health promotion knowledge based on broad and diverse perspectives of the health promotion theoretical framework which informs health improvement; through a student-centred learning approach, the wider determinants and complexities of the current public health agenda and to develop a collaborative and flexible approach to working practice.
- To enable students to develop skills to become autonomous lifelong learners who will seek to promote an evidence thinking and reflective learning, will be able to develop a portfolio of employable skills from a variety of health promotion topics/subjects
Post- Registration Nursing and Midwifery Programme
NSA 3633Mentorship Preparation Module
Companies Worked For:
Job Titles Held:
Where can I find a Nurses First Agency Staff Nurse CV example in Potters Bar Oakmere, Hertsmere?
This is an actual CV example of a Staff Nurse who works in the Staff Nurse Industry. LiveCareer has 11763 Staff Nurse CVs in its database. LiveCareer’s CV Directory contains real CVs created by subscribers using LiveCareer’s CV Builder.